Intermittent Fasting (part two)...Healthy?
Last week we, at Cedar City Chiropractic, discussed what intermittent fasting is. Since we also perform a lot of Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals, we would like to talk to them too. If you drive a truck, a bus, heavy equipment, or the company pickup to get post-it notes, this is for you too. So......
1) Changes the function of hormones, cells, and genes
A) insulin levels => blood levels of insulin drop significantly, which facilitates fat burning
B) blood levels of human growth hormone (HGH) may increase dramatically
C) cellular repair
D) gene expression
2) Many of those who try intermittent fasting are doing it to lose weight. Generally speaking, intermittent fasting will make you eat fewer meals...unless you Viking eat.
3) Reduces insulin resistance
4) Reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the body
5) Beneficial for heart health
6) May help prevent cancer
7) Has benefits for your brain
8) Don't forget this one => may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease
9) Could extend your lifespan, helping you live longer
So here are some things that intermittent fasting does. Now what? How can we truly benefit from intermittent fasting. Tune in next week at the same CCCR (Cedar City Chiropractic) time and the same CCCR channel.